Monday 16 July 2012

Wheels within wheels...

It really ought to be easier than this. I need to replace my car, and I need to do it before the end of the month. I've looked around at what's out there, read reviews, narrowed the field to a few possible options, and I'm in the process of doing test-drives, etc.

I'm a bloke – this process ought to be fun, for crying out loud!

But somehow it isn't. Every vehicle I've looked at, and every dealer I've visited, has one or more negatives associated with it. One miserable salesman shook his head and insisted I'd prefer a different model. Another one told me I could get a particular discount, then immediately rowed back from it. And if I turn my attention to a used car, I feel as though I need a team of forensic motor mechanics, and a tame Trading Standards Officer in tow.

On top of all that, my previous car was great – reliable, great to drive, and really nice to look at. I'll be sad to see it go. So if it's going to cost me thousands of pounds, the process ought to be painless. It ought to be speedy and simple. It really ought to be easier than this.

No comments:

Post a Comment